The Rider's Closet answers your questions
The Rider's Closet offers a no-hassle, 10-day return policy on all unworn apparel and tack.
If you are unhappy with your purchase, please contact us within 10 days of receiving the item, and we would be happy to provide free return shipping.
Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to be reflected in your credit card statement. We will notify you by email once we have received and processed your return.
If you have further questions about our return policy or any of our terms, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who is behind The Rider's Closet? Glad you asked! The Rider's Closet is comprised of horse lovers and hunter/jumper riders. We're pretty thrilled to have built The Rider's Closet, where you can dress like a Grand Prix rider for a fraction of the price and earn money for your women's and children's apparel and tack.
- What brands do you sell? We offer the highest quality equestrian apparel and tack, which means we accept and sell only the finest brands. We want to take the risk out of online shopping and consignment through quality and transparency. The full list of brands can be found here.
- What happened to your consignment page? We have temporarily put a hold on our consignments. Our consignors have sent lots of wonderful items that we want to focus on selling for the fairest, best price!
- When will you start consigning again? We have temporarily placed a hold on all new consignments.
- What do I earn as a consignor? You will earn 50% of the net selling price (less shipping and tax) of each clothing item you consign with us. Your bridles and saddles earn you 60% of the net selling price! You'll receive your portion of the sale the month following the sale. For example, if your item sells in October, you'll receive payment in November!
- Do you have a physical storefront? Nope! We conduct our business out of our homes and at shows, so we pass on the earnings and savings straight to our fantastic customers.
- How do you receive your consignments? We have placed a temporary hold on our consignment process to focus on selling our superb inventory! However, it's always free to consign with The Rider's Closet. Submit your consignment request on our site, we will send you a free shipping label, then simply affix the label to a flat rate box and drop it off at your local post office. We'll take care of the rest!
- How does the consignment process work? We are currently not accepting new consignments.
- Review our brand directory and consignor terms to see which of your gently used apparel and tack qualifies for consignment.
- Request a pre-paid shipping label so you can ship us your gear for free. Within a few days we will let you know which items we would love to sell for you. We donate any items that don't qualify for sale to a wonderful equestrian charity (alternately, we will ship them back to you for a small fee).
- Within 10 days, we personally authenticate, style, photograph, and list each item for sale on our site.
- Each sale is paid out one month after the transaction, so if your item sells between October 1 and October 31, you'll receive a check from us in November.
- What methods of payment do you accept? We use Stripe, a smart and incredibly secure checkout system, to accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover.
- How do you set your prices? Our team uses our decades of showing and riding experience as well as current retail and resale prices to determine pricing based on fair market value.
- Do you buy equestrian clothing and tack? At this time, we only accept items on consignment.
- How long will it take to receive my item? We are based in Texas, and shipping times and costs are dependent on the individual order’s destination. All orders received before 1pm CT Monday-Friday will be shipped the same day they are received. Orders placed on weekends are shipped the following Monday.
- Are items clean? We require that items be clean, without stains or scent, prior to accepting them for consignment. Though we carefully inspect every item, we cannot guarantee they have been dry cleaned immediately prior to submission. We do guarantee the premium quality and like-new condition of the item.
- Do you ship internationally? At this time, we ship exclusively to the contiguous United States (sorry, Hawaii and Alaska, we still love you!). If you are interested in bringing The Rider’s Closet to your country, let us know!
- What shipping carriers do you use? The Rider’s Closet ships all orders with the United States Postal Service using Priority Mail. Each delivery is insured and tracked; you will receive the tracking number upon shipment.